Looking for more blogs dedicated to language learning, linguistics, intercultural communication, translation, or multilingualism? Here are some of my personal favourites.
- Actual Fluency – Learn what it takes to learn multiple languages.
- Adventures in Fluency – Connecting to the world through travel and language.
- Alex Rawlings – UK-born polyglot who regularly writes about languages and multilingualism.
- Endangered Alphabets – Preserving endangered cultures and writing systems through the creation of art and educational materials.
- Eurolinguiste – Language learning tips, travel, cuisine, and culture.
- Hitoritabi – Language learning for introverts and other quiet learners.
- Itchy Feet – Travel and language comics.
- Joy of Languages – The fun way to learn a language.
- Language on the Move – Multilingualism, language learning, and intercultural communication in the contexts of globalisation and migration.
- Languages Around the Globe – Articles on languages and linguistics.
- Lili Does Critical Languages – Language learning without the BS.
- Lindsay Does Languages – Inspiring independent language learners and online teachers.
- Lingo Mama – Combine your passion for language and travel.
- Luca Lampariello – Master any language with help from polyglot Luca Lampariello.
- MissLinguistic – Adventures in extreme language learning.
- Omniglot – Musings on language and linguistics.
- Talk Foreign to Me – Adventures in language learning and voyages abroad.
- The Mezzofanti Guild – Language learning made simple.
- Travelengua – Language, travel, and linguistics.
- Carl Gene’s Blog – Mandarin language learning tips for students and aspiring translators.
- French Today – French language, culture, travel, etiquette, and cuisine.
- French Word a Day – Vocabulary and insights into real French life.
- Hangukdrama & Korean – Learning Korean and all things Korean.
- How to Japanese – How to “get used to” Japanese.
- Kotobites Japanese – Tips and resources for your Japanese language learning journey.
- Mandarin HQ – Learn Mandarin Chinese with free video lessons.
- Parola del Giorno – Build your Italian vocabulary, one word at a time.
- Self Taught Japanese – Tricks on learning Japanese and notes on Japanese culture.
- Sinosplice – Tips for mastering Mandarin and Chinese culture.
- Tofugu – A Japanese culture and language blog.
Translation and Interpretation
- Mox’s Blog – Humorous comic strips about life as a translator.
- Thoughts on Translation – Articles about the translation industry and becoming a translator.
- Translation Times – Tips and tricks on how to run a translation and interpreting business.
Last updated on April 8, 2019.